Friday, February 15

My sister Amy posted on her blog about how she misses ACU. It made me really sad and brought all of the emotions back when I was packing up all of my stuff after graduation that I had accumulated over 4 years of college to move. I didn't know where I was going to end up from that point so I'm sure those emotions were mixed with anxiety and fear. Here is a list of things I miss from ACU.

1. i miss my best friends and ALL of the memories that we shared (and will share) together
2. my first two years of chapel (it seemed to change after that...)
3. Chucky T (one of the most loving and incredible men I have ever known)
4. working in the Sociology/Social Work office
5. going into the campus center right after chapel
6. staying up all hours of the night, knowing I had an 8:00 the next morning, and not caring
7. the whole week leading up until Sing Song
8. Homecoming festivities
9. random road trips
10. Anson lights :)...(Can I get an AMEN...KIM??!!!)
11. "Making costumes" and "Circle of Friends"
12. club on Wednesday nights (even though I hate to admit it)
13. seeing all of the random stray cats around the campus center
14. Chapel being cancelled because of BATS in the colliseum!
15. running to class while trying to eat a breakfast bar

What about all of you other Wildcats out there? What do you miss about ACU?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I miss Melody complaining about how much she hated Abilene and how ready she was to leave! Oh, how things change. :)

But really, I miss so many things I don't know that I can list them all. The Makeout Room (haha,) Sing Song (obviously,) laying in your bed, your boyfriend Curtis (not,) walking to the fairgrounds for the Pat Green Concert (that was such a good idea on my part,) picking up Little Betty Rose's, watching scary movies (Wendigo, anyone?,) playing in the snow after Snow Day Sing Song, our dirty kitchen, every second with BFMF and pretty much every moment from August 2000-May 2004.

Love you and see you tomorrow!

FeedingYourMind said...

"AMEN" ;) Am also kinda partial to #11. ;)

I miss ACU, and actually just Abilene in general. I was really realizing this that last time I was there a few months back. I found myself thinking, I could probably move back and really enjoy living there. Hmmm...

Anyways, I think I'll make my own list, but not this very second. But I do plan to do one. Am I allowed to copy some of your answers?!?! ;)

Melody Forest McKee said...

Of course!!!!!!! :) hahahhaha

Katey said...

Umm, I miss you guys. And Sing Song. And being in Abilene so that if someone had a bad day, we could go to Mom and Dad's and Cindy would give us homemade cookies. I also miss being in the dorm with all you crazies- and Wed. nights (I hate to admit that too!), and those random little talks walking to class that are still some of my favorite memories of friendships. I also miss the House of Sin, my home away from home the last two years. I also had this really awesome roommate my Freshman year... :)

April Carrasco said...

I am about to e-mail you. Thanks for offering to pimp my blog!

Larissa said...

thanks soooo much, I love it!!!!