Thursday, March 6

Embarrassing story for today...

It has taken me a couple of weeks to gather the courage to write this, but I figured...every one needs a laugh at my expense once in a while, right?! :)
So...picture this....
I drive my little Grand Am up to the gas pump to fill up. I swipe my debit card...while I am waiting for authorization, I go ahead and put the pump thingy in my car. Machine is beeping...."Please see Attendant." WHAT? Ugh....I walk into the convenient store and greeted with "Can't get gas...pump computer is down." Umm, ok. I walk back to my car. I am distracted when a motorcycle pulls up. I am nice enough to tell them the computers are down...sorry buddy. So I get in my car and start to back up.
MAN...what was that noise? OH CRAP! I left the pump in my car! Yes, I did it. Yes, I felt like a complete moron. I get out of the car. I PULLED THE WHOLE HOSE OUT OF THE MAIN PUMP THING. OH. MY. GOSH.
I hang the pump back up and leave.
Wow. That was completely embarrassing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Melody. Just stopping by to say hi. At least you stopped and didn't pull the whole thing off and you'd be driving down the street with it dragging along beside you. Now that would have been embarrassing with people looking, pointing, shouting and blowing their horns at you.Have a terrific Thursday! Love you!

Julie said...

hahahahaha! i'm definitely laughing at your expense! love it!

i remember watching a guy drive out of the gas station, still attached to the gas pump. we laughed so hard! he just kept going, though. oh, well. funny stories like that make life worth living! love you!

Anonymous said...

too funny!!!!

Unknown said...

thats awesome. i was with a friend once when she did the same thing and i have never laughed so hard. it sounds like you arent the only one though!!

DeeDee Price said...

Too funny dear! Brandon and I once saw a woman driving down the road with the hose still in her gas tank. We had to pull over we were laughing so hard. At least you caught it before you drove out the parking lot and down the street.

Katey said...

Of course you would. Love you!

Hannah said...

hilarious!